Monday 18 October 2010

Diabetic and Healthy Food

I found out that I was suffering from Type 2 Diabetes 6 years ago after a heart bypass and now want to share some mouth-watering recipes and ideas with you. I have found that cooking has become much more fun and I try new ideas all the time. I also travel quite a lot although now retired so this will also give me the opportunity to share food of different cultures and also show you some of the pictures that I have from around the world.

This is my first ever blog and so I am jumping in with both feet and will start off with a simple recipe which is just to see if I get any interest in my new found activity. I will in future blogs include some hints, tips and ideas that I have about food, diets etc.

VEGETABLE CONFETTI
1 sm. zucchini, shredded
1 sm. yellow squash, shredded
2 carrots, shredded
1 sm. onion, sliced thin
2 tbsp. water
2 tsp. margarine
Combine the zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, onion, and water in a
skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until
vegetables are tender. Add margarine. Saute, uncovered, until all
moisture has evaporated. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
Exchanges: 2 vegetable and 1 fat; calories: 94; carbohydrates: 14
gm; protein: 3 gm; fat: 4 gm; sodium: 83 mg.

Watch this space and come back for more

No comments:

Post a Comment